The Psychoanalytic Theory for Scholars Program of the Washington Center for Psychoanalysis offers a two year introduction tocontemporary psychoanalytic theory.
The Program is open to applicants from any profession or discipline, including the mental health field.
- Classes are taught on early and contemporary psychoanalytic theory and its applications.
- Participants can present and develop their own work in selected sessions.
- Classes are taught by psychoanalysts from the Washington Psychoanalytic Institute.
- Classes meet one or two evenings per month during the academic year, and are held at the Center offices (address below).
- Participants will be invited to attend psychoanalytic educational events offered by the Washington Center for Psychoanalysis, including its scientific meetings.
- Class topics cover a range of Freudian concerns, such as human development, sexuality, psychopathology, trauma, memory, the psychotherapeutic process, and so on, and are selected for each class with that group's particular professional and personal interest in mind.